The Finance Department maintains budgetary control over all City funds and provides accounting controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial transactions.
The Department manages the financial affairs of the City which include: revenue collection, cash disbursements, accounting and financial reporting along with safeguarding assets, providing internal controls and managing the City's debt and investment portfolios.
The reporting of financial transactions is performed in accordance with generally acceptable standards for local government accounting and State of Ohio regulations.
Support services include:
- Administers fringe benefits
- Administers insurance coverage
- Arranges for long- and short-term financing
- Invests and maintains city funds at financial institutions
- Performs a variety of other management support functions
- Processes employee payroll
- Processes purchase orders prepared by other city departments
- Remits payments to vendors