North Fairfield Road Widening Project - PID 111451
The City of Beavercreek and the Ohio Department of Transportation are proposing improvements to North Fairfield Road, from Shakertown Road to Fairbrook Elementary School. Improvements include:
- Widening existing road from two lanes (two thru lanes) to three lanes (two thru lanes and a center left turn lane)
- Constructing eight-foot sidewalk on the East side of Fairfield Road
- Constructing five-foot side sidewalk on the West side of Fairfield Road
- Curb, bridge improvements, and storm sewer updates
- The project intends to reduce congestion and improve safety to the traveling public.
- Environmental surveys and studies are ongoing to determine potential impacts. At this time, it is anticipated that the project will impact a branch of the Little Beaver Creek in two places and will require waterway permits. A small amount of suitable wooded bat habitat is also expected to be impacted by the project; however, any necessary tree removal will occur between October 1 and March 31 to protect these species during their summer roosting period.
- It is anticipated that this project will require temporary and permanent right-of-way. If right-of- way is required from your property, you will be contacted individually by the City of Beavercreek to discuss the effect on your property and explain the acquisition process. Right of way acquisition is expected to occur from summer 2023 to summer 2024.
Maintenance of Traffic
- Traffic on North Fairfield Road is anticipated to be maintained with possible short duration closures on side streets. Access to all properties will be maintained throughout construction.
- About 65% of the project is funded through federal grants, which requires a local match. The estimated project cost is $4 million.
Project Anticipated Timeline
Construction is estimated to begin in spring 2025 and be completed by fall/winter 2026.
The City of Beavercreek’s Engineering Division is hosted a public involvement meeting in November. If you would like to provide input on this project, please submit your comments to Nick Smith, Assistant City Engineer, by emailing email@example.com by December 3, 2022.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability. Individuals who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or persons who require translation services or sign language interpreters should contact Nick Smith no later than October 27, 2022.