News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/28/2022 8:20:08 AM to 11/28/2022 8:37:35 AM.

News Flash

News Updates

Posted on: November 28, 2022

[ARCHIVED] City using ARPA funds for infrastructure projects to address stormwater and flooding issues

Willowcrest Drive

The City of Beavercreek is utilizing a majority of its ARPA funds for two major infrastructure projects to address stormwater and flooding issues. 

This year, the City of Beavercreek received $5 million in federal funds through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The city has allocated 92% of those funds to go toward high-impact infrastructure projects and the remaining 8% on capital expenditures. 

A majority of ARPA funds the city received will go toward two projects, one along Willowcrest Road and another along Vineland Trail.

“When developing the city’s strategic plan for use of these funds, the city focused on one-time funding of long-term, high-impact projects that have little to no funding sources,” said Beavercreek City Manager, Pete Landrum.

The city has dedicated approximately $2 million of ARPA funds to mitigate stormwater issues in the area of Willowcrest Road, located in the Woodhaven subdivision along Grange Hall Road. 

“This area has had drainage issues for many years,” said Jeff Moorman, City Engineer. “Following heavy rain, the road tends to flood and can remain under water for several days. We have also received many reports from residents in the area saying water has made its way into their homes.” 

Vineland Trail ProjectTo help mitigate this issue, the project will include creating two detention ponds, and installing a drainage swale and storm sewer in the area.

“The city does not have funding sources for its infrastructure projects, including stormwater, which is why is the city has never been able to address this issue until now,” said Landrum. “This project will prevent the road from flooding and help to protect residents’ homes.”

Additionally, erosion issues have created a large ditch with steep drop-offs and exposed utilities behind several homes along Vineland Trail, located north of The Greene and off of Countyline Road. The city has dedicated approximately $1.75 million of ARPA funds in an effort to remediate this issue by restabilizing and rehabilitating the ditch.   

The city will collect public input for both projects, which are currently in the design phase. The city will begin advertising for bids in 2023 and plans to complete both projects in 2024. 

For additional questions regarding these projects, contact the city’s engineer’s division by calling (937) 427-5512 or emailing

Facebook Twitter Email